National and International Mission Statement
- Educate the mental health community and the public about the psychopathology and evidence based treatments for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and related disorders through the life span.
- Advance best practice, evidence based specialized treatment for OCD and related disorders across Canada.
- Initiate and oversee the CIOCD Affiliate Outreach Educational Program with representation from every Canadian province.
- Develop and oversee the International Specialty OCD Standards and Certification/Accreditation Program through the life span.
- Support national and international scientific research on OCD designed to improve specialized clinical practice.
- Collaboration with government, universities, institutions, and treatment centers to achieve CIOCD mandates
- Promotion of clinical and research collaboration by OCD experts
- Education, training, consultation, and supervision for varied professionals related to OCD and related disorders
- International establishment of specialty knowledge and competency standards recommended for specialized treatments for OCD through the lifespan
- Implementation of certification for mental health professionals and accreditation for programs or centers in evidence based specialized treatments for OCD through the life span, based on the specialty knowledge and competency standards established
- Presentations, lectures, workshops, and support groups for OCD sufferers and families
- Advancement of scientific research on OCD to improve specialized clinical practice
The Canadian Institute for Obsessive Compulsive Disorders is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, and a Registered Charity under the Income Tax Act with charitable registration number 805819117RR0001.